Thursday, November 8, 2007

Travelling Morocco 2007






I was inspired to start this blog for the same reason that I was inspired to move to New York City when I was 18, and, more recently, to start a business importing things from Morocco- its the desire to learn and share as much as possible about culture, all cultures,... about people.




About how similar we are, and how different, and how we can all relate so strongly to each other.









Back in April, I went on my first official buying trip to Morocco. Six months later I received my first container full of handcrafted pieces from Morocco.





Now, just a few weeks shy of launching the web store, I'm reminded about what made me decide to do this. Its all about sharing the experience.



























www.moracoimports.com

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Nawal,
    How nice to see you all grown up! Your mom said that you had moved to Chicago. Is that correct?
    I'll look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you started good business in Morocco. Today Morocco's economy is very free for the Middle East, with high scores in several of the 10 factors of economic freedom. Business freedom, monetary freedom, freedom from government, and investment freedom all score well. Inflation is low, but the kingdom still uses price supports for some goods. Despite regulatory obstacles, business formation is generally efficient. Foreign investment, especially in Morocco property, receives national treatment, but Morocco's bureaucracy provides its own de facto deterrent to foreign capital.

    ReplyDelete